Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ten-ten, my new buddy

Nowadays, whenever I want to go out, be it for window shopping ker, getting some groceries at the mall ker or paying my credit cards, I have someone tagging along with me. This little one is my new buddy aka bodyguard. Complete with her "Ben-10" bag, shirt and shorts, she will hold tight my hand, as if do not want to let it go. Aduhhh comelnya and I'm very happy that she's with me. This is one of the ways for me to spend quality time with her amidst my busy working schedule. With her "melekat" with me all the time, I do really hope this will turned into a remarkable "mother-daughter" bonding exercise. Probably, everyone realised that mother-daughter bonding can start at an early age. What I really want is that I can be the best friend to my daughters and can talk to about all the emotional things that women consider important that men don't like to talk about.

Back to my new bodyguard, this year will be her "honeymoon year" cause next year, tak bagi chance dah as I'm going to send her to Smart Reader school. Not so much of nak suruh dia belajar bagai nak rak (sapa taknak anak dia pandai oiii) but more for her to mixing around with other kids. Kecik lagi, biarlah dia enjoy dulu. Pitykan to those kids yang mummy2 dorang so the very very over and obsessed one.

"Hello boy" but I always quick to correct these people, "No, she's a girl". Biasalah tu, people always think that she's a boy looking from her short rookie hair. Tarraaaaa .... saper lagi kalau bukan my Alea or better known as "Ten-ten" who is now enjoying her new status as my little bodyguard. I tak kisah bawak dia gi mana2 (except kalau I gi facial or saloon) sebab tak banyak karenah dan tak lasak sangat. Bukan I aje yang cakap sebab MILpun said the same thing, "Alea senang nak jaga, tak lari sana sini".

Lasak bertempat takper. Contohnya, kalau I bawak dia gi kat KidSports ke, "lantaklah ko nak melasak bagai nak rakpun, sebab memang tu tempat melasak, jadi melasaklah selagi boleh melasak, tak de halnya. Explorelah apa yang patut dari ko berlari tak tentu arah, kita jugak yang susah dok berkejor kat dia."

Selain dari playground, normally I ngan bodyguard baru I ni selalu gak lepak2 kat MPH, One Utama or Borders kat the Curve. I biarkan dia pick up buku yang dia suka and both of us will sit at one corner, selalunya less than an hour, lepas tu gi mamam kejap dan lepas tu kena chow sebab I have to rush to work.

Parenting is always challenging and rewarding at the same time. As our children grow into their teen years, it getting even more challenging because bonding with them gets harder in terms of connecting and having quality time. "Itulah sebabnya kalau boleh I taknak buang masa ngan anak2. Time is our friend, not our enemy".

No comments:

Post a Comment