Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Road closure "menghuru-harakan"

The closure of the Jalan Tanjung in Bandar Utama "during the wee hours of Monday morning, caught many residents by suprise. I was informed by a friend (also a Tropicana resident) at about 2am, through text message that the road closure has been enforced on Monday despite Bandar Utama City Corporation (BUCC) saying the closure will only be enforced on Friday (Nov 20th).

"Which road?", I replied back. "Alah, Jalan Tanjung tu". "Jalan yang mana, I tak tahulah". "Alah, jalan yang depan Sony lama tu". "Oh ... ye ke ...lecehnya, macam mana I nak gi kerja esok, kena round satu dunialah, alamak, esok Soraya sekolah". Memangpun, I manalah tahu nama jalan tu, tapi kalau sebut "jalan depan Sony building" tu baru I cam. According to my friend ni (manalah minah ni gi beronggeng sampai pagi buta baru balik) several plastic and concrete barriers was put up in front of the entrance to Jalan Tanjung near the traffic lights and also near the I-Tech building (previously was a Sony building). The barricading of the road had inconvenienced many residents and create a massive traffic jam. Itu belum lagi masuk pagi, time mak bapak hantar bebudak gi sekolah kat Sekolah Cina dekat simpang empat traffic light depan nu, I dapat bayangkan betapa "huru-haranya" nanti. Kawan I ni pulak, nak balik umah pepagi buta tu kenalah ikut jalan ke "The Club", buat satu pusingan, lalu kat Pelangi apartment, Shell, masuk jalan Persiaran Tropicana Utama ke Challis Sunway Damansara, terus, barulah nampak bumbung rumah.

Memanglah, kalau jalan tu tutup, bayangkan nak gi One Utama, CentrePoint and McDonalds, yang cuma less than five minutes driving, boleh jadi setengah jam beb. Sebabnya I kena buat satu pusingan kat Curve nu, masuk ikut "The Club" barulah sampai ke CentrePoint. Aduhhh ... memang menyusahkan umat, tambah2 next year my "Four Arms" dah nak start "Smart Reader" kat Bandar Utama. Kadang-kadang, people tends to be very selfish kan. Just because tanah tu private property, ikut "suka hati mak datuk" dorang jer nak tutup jalan tu bila2 masa. What I heard, about 100 representatives from 19 Residents Association gathered for a peaceful protest at that barricaded road yesterday evening. Petition also being made, contained 11,000 signatures including those from the officials of residents associations, a school, and commercial managements in the affected areas of Tropicana, Kota Damansara and Sunway Damansara covering some 20 housing estates. According to them, BUCC only owns 800m of the road but they barricaded more than that. Part of the land where the barriers were placed where the i-Tech building was located - did not belong to BUCC and was public property.

Well, I just prayed for the best ....

No comments:

Post a Comment