Thursday, June 25, 2009

Kak Ya's mid-year exam results

Yesterday, my eldest, Soraya showed me her 2009 mid-year exam results summary. Everything for me is ok, especially for Bahasa Melayu, English, Mandarin, Pendidikan Islam/Moral and Seni Visual, except for Mathematics and Science.

"Kakak, what happen to your Maths and Science, I thought you are ok with these two subjects". But according to Kakak, she is a bit confused with subtractions of numbers within 10,000 and solving word problems that involved addition and subtraction; multiplication and division (frankly speaking, I pun tak berapa faham sebab masa I dulu semuanya dalam Bahasa Malaysia). Same goes to Science subject. Soraya told me that that she's not really familiar with the similarities and differences of living things/non-living things and identifying the external features of a plant and animal. "Takpelah kakak, next time you can do better. Macam yang mummy cakaplah, you bukan tak pandai, pandai, cuma careless jer. Cuba jangan dok nak cepat sangat". I believe that she wasted most of her points due to carelessness as according to Soraya's maths tuition teacher, "she can do it when doing a revision with her.

Paling best, subjects on performing arts like piano and dancing, she got excellent for all the presentations. In fact, last night, she taught me the dance routine for Cha Cha Cha and Waltz.

No comments:

Post a Comment